Made with everyday ingredients, our versatile, easy-to-make Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix produces a delectable golden brown crust that everyone—with or without a gluten intolerance—can enjoy. Our pie crust mix can be custom built in your kitchen as a sweet, savory, dairy free, or vegan crust to surround your favorite fillings. Experiment with hand pies, pot pies, quiches, tarts, tartlets, and galettes too!
Ingredients: White Rice Flour, Cornstarch, Tapioca Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Xantham Gum
GLUTEN FREE PIE CRUST MIX
- 1 bag of Bari & Betty's Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix, set aside 1/4 cup
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1 cold egg yolk
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- Sweet Crust: Sift 1/2 cup confectioners sugar with this Pie Crust Mix.
- Savory Crust: Add your favorite herbs or spices.
- Dairy Free Crust: Substitute the butter and milk with your favorite alternatives.
- Vegan Crust: Follow the above Dairy Free directions and nix the egg yolk.
- Set aside 1/4 cup Pie Crust Mix. Sift remaining Pie Crust Mix. Using your hands or an electric mixer with a dough hook, add the softened butter until a crumble forms. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolk and cold milk together, then add to the flour and butter mixture until a ball of dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half, and wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 4 days.
- Using the set aside 1/4 cup of the Pie Crust Mix, dust your surface and roll each ball of dough into your desired shape.
- Enjoy this crust in any of your favorite pie, hand pie, pot pie, quiche, tart, or galette recipes! Refer to your recipe for baking instructions.